6 Best Places to Rent and Kayak on the Puget Sound
Are you itching to get out and kayak the beautiful waters of the Puget Sound? Kayaking gets you close and personal with the wildlife and waters that you paddle on. Whether you are looking for a quick one or two hour guided tour, or an all day excursion, there is something here to fit your needs.
1. Alki Kayak Tours at the Alki Rental Shack- Specializing in guided kayak tours that explore the natural history of the Puget Sound area around Alki and Elliott Bay. They require reservations for tours and can be reached at 206-953-0237'
2. Sea Quest Kayak Expeditions- 20 years in business offering a range of guided kayak tours in the San Juan Islands. Offering lively day trips, weekend kayaking getaways, and 3 to 5 day kayak tours to the outlying San Juan Islands along the border with Canada. Sea Quest focuses on providing educational sea kayaking trips in Washington from their one location - the killer whale waters of the San Juan Islands. They deliberately plan their kayak tours to generate unforgettable encounters with marine animals, particularly the astounding pods of resident killer whales. Sea Quest kayak tours have the best record of successful killer whale watching! Washington kayak tours begin in the charming village of Friday Harbor. Reach Sea Quest at 888-589-4253
3. Gig Harbor Rent-A-Boat- Gig Harbor is a beautiful place to safely kayak. They have tandem as well as single kayaks available. For every five hours you kayak, they give you one hour free with their Kayak Club! Throughout the summer season, rent from Kopachuck Beach Saturday and Sunday from 11am – 4pm. Gig Harbor Rent-A-Boat 8829 N. Harborview Dr. Gig Harbor, WA 98332 Conveniently located beneath Anthony’s Homeport Restaurant 253-858-7341
4. Crystal Seas- Crystal Seas offers premiere kayaking tours along the Westside of San Juan Island – a beautiful rocky coastline that offers the opportunity to view orca whales, eagles and seals from a kayak. They have naturalist guided tours, the perfect island adventure for singles, couples, families and groups. Contact at 866-463-7713
5. Agua Verde Paddle Club- Based in Seattle. Offering hourly kayak rentals and guided tours. Experience the joys of sea kayaking through the surrounding marshes and waterways of Union Bay or Lake Washington. Contact at 1303 NE Boat Street, Seattle, WA 98105 (206) 545-8570
6. Anacortes Kayak Tours- Anacortes Kayak Tours offers several choices of sea kayaking adventures to choose from. With both families, and seasoned travelers in mind, they have created a variety of sea kayak tours to match your needs, budget, and available time. Whether you are looking for a kayaking day trip, a family kayak tour, or a longer multi day sea kayaking expedition. Contact 1-800-992-1801
Enjoying a day or weekend out on the water can be a fun and exciting experience for you and your family. Grab your shorts and head out to one of these local spots to get out on the water of the beautiful Puget Sound. Who knows what you may encounter, seals, whales, eagles and more!