First off, did you see that bad call at last nights baseball game?! Ruined the Tigers perfect pitch game. That play was clearly called wrong, he was OUT! Oh well, thats why we still love baseball, not a bunch of technical crud always mucking it up. Just take whats caled. Now the league is talking about using replays to make calls like this one. Huh, do we really want to create more red tape yet in another American Icon?
Well, I read over the rest of the marina news and will pass it on to you.
Monthly News continued....
The Port Commission is moving its meetings from 9am to 5pm. This was prompted by the discussions to have the meetings at a time when more public will be able to attend.
The new Port building that will be opening in 2011 has leased a few spaces out, newest to sign leases are B&B & Tom's Marine Electrical
Schedule of Events
- The tall ships will be here thru today the 3rd. If you want to tour them or take pictures, get down here soon!
- The Everett Farmers Market runs May 30th to Sept. 26th 11am-4pm Sundays
- Saturday June 5th there is an all day public meeting about the Collins Building
- June 11th -13th Sorticulture, Garden Art Festival at Legion Park just approx. 1 mile north of the marina
- June 17th -24th Sound Experience, "Adventuress" South Visitor Dock
- June 19th & 20th Jetty Jam (See above at picture)
The newsletter has a couple interesting facts to encourage recycling:
Americans throw away enough aluminum every month to rebuild the entire commercial airfleet
Americans use 100 million tin and steel cans every day. It takes 80-100 years for an aluminum can to decompose.
Each year Americans toss 25,000,000,000 Styrofoam cups (thats enough to circle the earth 436 times)
I have a couple more blogs that both deal with recycling. One is for recycling eyeglasses by donating them to help the needy. The other is to recycle cellphones, & a large portion of proceeds goes to help protect the planet thru the Sierra Club You can see them via their links here:
Those in Favor Say "EYE"-Eyeglass donation
Recycle Cellphones-Join Sierra Club
Well I will be leaving you for the day, have a great one on the water!