Only the guy who isn't rowing has time to rock the boat.
-Jean-Paul Sartre --French existentialist philosopher and writer, 1905-1980

Funny Boat Ramp Stories

SUBJECT: # 4371: Dam ramp is Slippery when wet! Wilson Lake
Submitted by tony.ford from ALABAMA on 7/8/2010 11:25:00 AM
I was putting my boat in this past Saturday at a ramp near Wilson Dam. I later called it the dam ramp, heres why:
I had never used this ramp before, but of course I was in a hurry for some reason. I was by myself except the onlookers on the dock next to the ramp. I back the boat into the water, put the truck in park, and went to get onto the boat to back it off the trailer. So far, so good... right?
I get next to the back of the truck and take my new flip flops off to keep from getting them wet. I step into the water and found out that the green moss on the ramp was slicker than owl snot!!

Click here to read the rest of the story. it's one of those days we have all had...it's kinda funny