Only the guy who isn't rowing has time to rock the boat.
-Jean-Paul Sartre --French existentialist philosopher and writer, 1905-1980

I Need New Stairs

I swear I nearly fall down our steps everyday. Today I had the dog under one arm and a bag of garbage in the other and I nearly had a heart attack as I fell forward off the steps but my boat angel caught me and saved my rear end. I need to find someone who can build me a new set of steps that are built custom for this boat. Not the store bought because they just don't fit this boat well. We have such an odd height up to our deck that we need to have custom steps built if I want to be safe. I have already fallen down the steps into our lower stateroom. Stepped one...two...three...whoops! Bam!  Right up in the air and landed on the back of my head and neck against the front edge of the wood step. No doubt I had headaches for week after that. But that was just the fall before the big fall. A month or two ago I fell straight into the engine hatch as I was walking up to the helm. The hatch is approx. 1 ft x 2.5 ft. I stepped straight in, went straight down, head hit the forward most edge of the hole, shoulder hit the same, my left leg did not go down the hatch so needless to say it twisted in some awful form. My co sailor ran over and lifted the 25 lb wood hatch cover off of the top of me (yes I forgot to tell you that the hatch cover fell on top of me, further adding insult to injury). I was laying somewhat sideways in the opening and slipping quickly about to land on my head on the bottom of the hull. After I was delicately removed from "the hole from hell" I got to my knees and passed out. I was lifted to the sofa and realized at that time I couldn't move my foot.
It goes on from there but we don't need to hear anymore, went to the dr.,I couldn't walk for awhile, which was difficult on a boat, especially because I had just had surgery on my right arm so it was in a cast. I'm sure as I limped down the dock  with half of my bones in splints and casts, my dock friends got a great laugh.
So, needless to say I do not need any other situations with stairs or holes or hatches or anything! I need to get some new stairs. So if you know of anyone in the Everett area that builds steps, (I believe it would take 5-6 steps) drop me comment or email at sbraill111@gmail.com
Take care all!